Table of Contents
TYPES OF DATA WE COLLECT
Information Users Provide to Us
We may collect personal information from Users who visit our Site, such as:
- your first and last name, e-mail, username and password when you create a demo account or an account to log in to our network (“Account”);
- if you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, to send you a reply;
- when you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information; or
- we may also collect personal information at other points in our Site that state that personal information is being collected.
Information from Subscribers
In providing the Services, Subscribers determine what types of personal data to provide via our Services. This information may include a wide range of data such as location, contact information, health, demographics, tracking, and billing.
Information Collected via Technology
Log Files. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends and User movement around the Site, administer the Site, gather demographic information about our User base, and better tailor our Services to our Users’ needs.
Information Collected from Third Parties
We collect information about you and other individuals from the following third-party sources: (i) third parties who license, sell or otherwise provide data they have collected; or (ii) information from publicly available sources, such as via the Internet and social networks.
PROCESSING OF DATA
SDT OpCo processes data submitted by Users and Subscribers.
Processing of Users and Subscribers’ Information
We may process personal information from Users who visit our Site, such as to:
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- identify you as a Subscriber in our system;
- provide improved administration of the Site;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- respond to your inquiries or requests;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories; or
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of SDT OpCo.
Processing of Subscribers’ Information
In providing the Services, SDT OpCo processes data submitted by Subscribers to provide the Services. To meet its contract obligations, SDT OpCo may access, correct, transfer, or follow other Subscribers’ directions relating to the processing of the Services’ data.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
o Subscribers. The personal information provided by the Subscribers may be analyzed or combined with other information and shared with the same Subscribers as part of the Services. Subscribers may also direct SDT OpCo to share certain information, information summaries, and/or analysis with government and non-government agencies.
o Third Party Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third-party service providers to provide the Services; for billing and collection; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate the creation of Accounts; to provide technical support; or to provide features to Subscribers who have entered into agreements with third parties.
o User Feedback. We often receive comments from Users. We may post User feedback on the Site from time to time. We will share your feedback with your first name and last initial only. If we choose to post your first and last name along with your feedback, we will obtain your consent prior to posting your name with your feedback.
o Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create anonymous data records from personal information by excluding or changing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content or improve the navigation of our Site or Services. We reserve the right to use anonymous data for any purpose and disclose anonymous data to third parties in our sole discretion.
CHANGING OR DELETING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may change any of your personal information by editing your profile within your Account or by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may request deletion of your personal information by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that legal requirements may dictate that information be retained for specified periods of time and we may not be able to honor your request until the expiration of that time period. When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud prevention or similar purposes.
In some circumstances, SDT OpCo has limited ability to identify and access individual personal data that our Subscribers have submitted to the Services. If you wish to request access, to limit use, or to limit disclosure, we may first refer your request to the Subscriber Company who submitted your personal data, and we will support them as needed in responding to your request.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
STD OpCo is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while STD OpCo uses reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, STD OpCo cannot guarantee its absolute security.
SITE USER AGE REQUIREMENT
STD OpCo does not target its offerings toward and does not knowingly collect any personal information from Users under 16 years of age. If STD OpCo learns that the User is a child under 16, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any User personal information from a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which your web browser communicates. There is no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. When a standard is established, we may revise our policy on responding to these signals.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
PRIVACY ACT OF 1974
The Privacy Act of 1974 applies to Subscribers who are agencies or contracted to the United States Federal Government. Users of these Subscribers are advised of the following, “they are entering into a records and data collection system containing personal information that is governed by rules established under the Privacy Act (5 U.S.C § 552a)/PL 93-579 and are hereby notified that they are authorized to use information within the system for “official use” only and may not share or disseminate information unless specifically authorized. Civil, and/or Criminal penalties apply for any unauthorized use of data maintained within this system.”
The Privacy Act of 1974 provides certain individuals whose information is maintained by these Subscribers with rights to seek access to and amend covered records.
Attn: Privacy Office
2200 Rimland Dr., Suite 305,
Bellingham, WA 98226
Updated on 17 Jan 2021.
The website located at https://roveralert.com/ (the “Site”) is a copyrighted work belonging to SDT OpCo, LLC., a State of Connecticut limited liability corporation (“SDT OpCo”).
SDT OpCo may change, add, or remove portions of these Terms at any time, which shall become effective immediately upon posting. It is your responsibility to review these Terms prior to each use of the Site and by continuing to use this Site, you agree to any changes.
- Access to the Site. Subject to these Terms, SDT OpCo grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable, limited personal license to access, view, download and print information from the Site solely for noncommercial and informational purposes.
- Minors. This Site and any services we provide are not targeted towards, nor intended for use by, anyone under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you are not permitted to use our services.
- Copyright. Excluding any content that you may provide, you are aware that all copyright and any other intellectual property rights in the Site and its content are owned by SDT OpCo or SDT OpCo’s suppliers. SDT OpCo and its suppliers reserve all rights not granted in these Terms. You may not modify the Site information in any way and you may not remove or obscure any copyright or permission notices provided on or in connection with any information from the Site.
- Prohibited Uses. You agree not to use the Site in violation of any applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, you will not use the Site to violate any third-party right, to upload, transmit, or distribute to or through the Site any software intended to damage or alter a computer system or data; to send through the Site any defamatory materials or unsolicited messages; to use the Site to harvest, collect, gather or assemble information or data regarding other users without their consent; to attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site; or to harass or interfere with any other user’s use and enjoyment of the Site
- Third-Party Links. The Site may contain hyperlinks to third-party websites and services (“Third-Party Links”). Such Third-Party Links are not under the control of SDT OpCo, and you use all Third-Party Links at your own risk. SDT OpCo provides access to these Third-Party Links only as a convenience to you, and does not review, endorse, or make any representations with respect to Third-Party Links. Please review the applicable third party’s terms and policies prior to clicking through to their website.
- Customers and Demo Users. If you are a member of an account or a demo user of SDT OpCo’s cloud-based reporting and records management solutions, additional terms and conditions will apply to you and can be found in the order form and/or terms of service documents.
- Warranties. The Site is distributed on an “as is” basis without representations or warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. You hereby acknowledge that use of the site is at your sole risk.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
- Limitation on Liability. To the maximum extent permitted by law, in no event shall SDT OpCo or our suppliers be liable to you or any third-party for any lost profits, lost data, costs of procurement of substitute products, or any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages arising from or relating to these Terms or your use of, or incapability to use the Site even if SDT OpCo has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Access to and use of the Site is at your own discretion and risk, and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your device or computer system, or loss of data resulting therefrom.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold SDT OpCo, its directors, officers, employees, agents, and suppliers from and against any and all liabilities, costs, demands, causes of action, damages and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or in any way related to your breach of any of the provisions of these Terms.
- Dispute Resolution. These Terms shall be governed in all respects by Washington law, excluding any conflict of laws principles that would require the application of the laws of another jurisdiction. The parties hereby submit to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in the State of Washington.
- Validity. If any provision of this these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, such provision will be deemed modified so as to be valid and enforceable to the greatest extent possible under applicable law, and the validity of the remaining provisions hereof shall not be affected thereby.
Updated – January 17, 2021